What is Rotary?
For more information on Rotary International
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who come together to make positive, lasting change in communities at home and abroad.
The Four-Way Test
Of the things we think, say, or do:
- Is it the Truth?
- Is it Fair to All Concerned?
- Will it Build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
- Will it be Beneficial to All Concerned?
The Object of Rotary
The OBJECT of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- SECOND. High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
Rotarian Code of Conduct
- Act with integrity and high ethical standards in my personal and professional life.
- Deal fairly with others and treat them and their occupations with respect.
- Use my professional skill through Rotary to: mentor young people, help those with special needs, and improve people’s quality of life in my community and the world.
- Avoid behavior that reflects adversely on Rotary and other Rotarians.